We are delighted that you have taken the time to learn more about the Christian Brothers community and look forward to getting to know you and sharing our passion for this school! As a starting point, we'd like to point out a few factors that make our institution truly unique within the region:
- CBHS is a Catholic boys' high school in the Lasallian tradition, serving boys from over 115 elementary and middle schools from 55 zip codes across the Mid-South.
- For 147 years, 'brotherhood' has defined the CBHS experience. The fraternal bonds forged here have created a powerful, nationwide network of 11,000 men proud to be Brothers' Boys.
- Our college preparatory academic program offers courses on multiple levels in order to serve a diverse group of learners. Yet the top twenty-five graduates of the class of 2018 attained an average ACT score of 32, included 4 national merit finalists, 6 commended students, and will be attending institutions such as the U. S. Military Academy at West Point, the U. S. Air Force Academy, the U.S. Naval Academy, Stanford University, Notre Dame, Boston College, Northwestern, NYU, Princeton University, and Vanderbilt.
- Our athletic program boasts more Tennessee state championships in both baseball and soccer than any other school in the state. Our wrestling team captured the state duals and individuals championship in 2018, our baseball team captured its 13th state title in 2017, and the soccer team won its 10th state title in 2017.
- The CBHS band, founded in 1872 is proud to be the nation's oldest continuously-playing high school band.
Though our website can give you a sense of our proud tradition and most recent achievements, we invite you to experience our community first hand through a personal tour, an 8th grade Shadow Day, or a fall Friday night in Tom Nix Stadium.
We look forward to welcoming you to our campus!