The Christian Brothers High School Hall of Fame has elected 12 new members, who were inducted in ceremonies held January 27 on the CBHS campus. Candidates are chosen by the Hall of Fame membership based on their personal accomplishments, civic and public contributions, and support of or involvement with activities of interest to the school. The school opened in 1871. CBHS graduates must have graduated a minimum of 20 years prior to selection. The CBHS Hall of Fame was established in 1968. Since then, 564 men, living and deceased, have been inducted into the group (464 of whom are CBHS grads) by their peers.
The 2019 inductees are:
- Joseph E. Bergdoll, Sr. (CBHS ’71) currently works for Mechanical Systems Company following a 28-year career with D. Canale Beverages.
- Ronald L. Coleman (CBHS ’67)is a Memphis attorney specializing in starting and operating business ventures. He is also part owner of Comp Performance Group (CPG).
- Brother Chris Englert, FSCserved as principal and president of Christian Brothers High School from 1989-2018.
- James E. Garbuzinski (CBHS ’79)has worked in the import safety products distribution business since 1988 and is currently General Manager of Cordova Safety Products, a division of Bunzl Corporation.
- Eugene C. Mangiante III (CBHS ’98) is Director of Retail Operations for Landau Uniforms and former owner and founder of Mangiante Photography from 2001-2013.
- David A. McDonnell (CBHS ’83)is Chief Executive Officer of Insight Risk Management, LLC, Insurance in Memphis.
- John G. Metz, Jr. (CBHS ’54) is retired Vice-President of Conwood Company, L.P. in Memphis.
- Richard W. Smith (CBHS ’96) is President and Chief Executive Officer of FedEx Trade Networks, Inc., a subsidiarity of FedEx Corporation based in Memphis.
- W. Scott Sneed (CBHS ’79)has worked in the insurance/financial services business for 33 years, including the past 17 years as owner of Sneed Financial Services.
- Phillip John Stukenborg (CBHS ‘76)serves as Associate Director/Athletics Communications for the University of Memphis following a 35+ year career as a sportswriter and editor at the Commercial Appeal newspaper.
- Jeffrey Ross Wills (CBHS ‘85) is Tax Managing Director of Deloitte Tax, LLP since 2002, following 11 years as Senior Manager at Arthur Andersen, LLP.
- E. James Nelson, Jr. (CBHS ’47, deceased) worked as a Civil Servant for the City of Memphis for 30 years, and he had two sons inducted into the Hall of Fame. He died in 1994.
(PHOTOS) The 12 newest members of the Christian Brothers High School Hall of Fame were inducted at a ceremony held Jan. 27 on the CBHS campus. The inductees are: (front, from left) John Metz, (CBHS ’54), Joseph Bergdoll, Sr. (CBHS ’71), David McDonnell (CBHS ’83); (middle row) Jeffrey Wills (CBHS ‘85), Scott Sneed (CBHS ’79), Ronald Coleman (CBHS ’67), Eugene Mangiante III (CBHS ’98); (top row) Brother Chris Englert, FSC, Phil Stukenborg (CBHS ‘76), Richard Smith (CBHS ’96), and Jimmy Garbuzinski (CBHS ’79). Also inducted was E. James Nelson, Jr. (CBHS ’47, deceased).