Mission & Ministry
OUR MISSION is to provide young men a college-preparatory education In the Catholic and Lasallian traditions.
We welcome, encourage, and support religious, ethnic, and economic diversity; and we acknowledge the importance of service to the poor as we prepare students to become responsible adults in the global community.
CBHS will build upon its 149+ year Lasallian tradition of transforming lives by committing to excellence in teaching, instilling a love of learning, fostering on-going moral development, and embracing innovative technology in an ever-changing world.
- Decisions must be guided by a moral compass that is instilled on a day-to-day basis in our classrooms.
- The world will continue to develop technologically and technical skill will be a basic requirement in every field.
- Globalization will continue and will require knowledge of cultures and languages, social problems, history, and geography.
- Success in the workplace will require an ability to work successfully in groups and teams.
Christian Brothers High School, an educational leader inspired by Gospel values, the traditions of the Roman Catholic Church, and the moral and spiritual teachings of St. John Baptist de La Salle,
- promotes a spiritual environment which acknowledges the diversity of different religious traditions and the responsibility to use these values as a basis for service to others and the betterment of society;
- commits programs and resources for service of the poor;
- encourages and recognizes excellence in its students and faculty;
- provides an atmosphere conducive to learning and creativity for students and faculty;
- creates a caring, Lasallian community environment which includes students, parents, teachers, administrators, staff and alumni;
- provides a spirit of collaboration among administration, staff, teachers, parents and students;
- values the uniqueness of each student and making every effort to meet his needs;
- develops young men with the highest standard of educational, moral and spiritual background prepared to embark on the challenges of today's society;
- develops self‑confidence in the student;
- promotes the image of the school in a manner which exemplifies the values which are emphasized and taught therein.
Christian Brothers High School is a community of believers in the Lasallian tradition, inclusive of students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni, who represent various religious, ethnic, and economic backgrounds, working together to achieve a shared mission: To give a human and Christian education to the young and to promote peace and justice, with a commitment to the service of the poor.
We value the uniqueness and dignity of the individual and the well-being of the entire Christian Brothers High School community. We value the ongoing development of our spiritual, academic, social, and physical formation in light of gospel values.
In an atmosphere of academic excellence and in appreciation of individual differences, we at Christian Brothers High School inspire and direct individuals toward an increased understanding of themselves and their community. We strive to encourage a personal sense of honor and self‑discipline, service to others, a respect for all life, and a growth toward a mature relationship with God.
In light of our shared mission, the Christian Brothers High School community works together to minister in an orderly environment which encourages learning as a lifelong process, independent thinking, concern for the individual, and service to the community.