McEniry Hall/STEMM Building
Christian Brothers High School honored distinguished alumnus Robert McEniry ’59 and his wife Paula on Sept. 10, 2014 by dedicating a new building for ground-breaking science, technology, engineering, math and medicine (STEMM) programs in their name. McEniry Hall houses our schools of STEMM and Business. The rigorous STEMM courses will nurture home-grown science and technology talent that companies will need for the high-skill jobs of the future. Our STEMM program offers 4 consecutive elective courses in either the biomedical science, computer science, or engineering pathways. The program enables CBHS students to develop critical reasoning and problem-solving skills that will help make them most productive in our ever-changing world.
The Marr School of Business and Economics allows CBHS students to explore the world of Business. We offer various classes in Economics, Finance, Accounting, and Marketing. Because of our large alumnae base, networking and internship opportunities are available to CBHS students.
Our Theatre is used throughout the day as home of the theatre classes and as a space for assemblies. After school and in the evenings, you will find students rehearsing for musicals, comedies, and plays. And yes, this includes girls too! Girls from several area schools are invited to participate in CBHS theatre. Typically, our theatre program performs over 4 major productions!
The Band Room is the home of the oldest high school band in America. Established in 1873, just two years after the school opened on Adams Avenue downtown. The band regularly wins awards at local, regional and even national competitions. The concert band, the jazz band, and the historic band perform at events all around the city and here at school.
Brothers Development Center (BDC)
The new multi-purpose athletic facility, the Brothers Development Center (BDC) opened in the fall of 2016. The $10 million complex is part of a series of major campus renovations that reflect the school’s commitment to the renewal of the 53-year-old campus at 5900 Walnut Grove Road.
The Brothers Development Center will accommodate more than 600 students who are currently participating in some form of organized sports. The 50,000 square foot facility hosts a variety of college athletics quality amenities such as two state-of-the-art training and weight rooms, a sports medicine and therapy area designed with input from Dr. Fred Azar, Chief of Staff at Campbell Clinic, a film and reception area with panoramic views of the schools’ athletic campus, a multi-function wrestling arena to accommodate one of the largest and most successful programs in the South, as well as expanded locker rooms for the two largest sports on campus, football and lacrosse.
The Pender Library houses more than 25,000 volumes and hosts a comprehensive collection of online databases. The library is open throughout the school day to support the literary and research needs of students and faculty. The Pender Library is named in honor of the late Eugene Pender, CBHS Class of 1942.
Hallways & Classrooms
Classes of all grades and levels are up and down this hallway. Here you will find the ART room, the Chemistry lab, and various other subject area classrooms. As part of tuition, all students are equipped with laptops. Our online learning management system facilitates organization. Teachers are able to communicate with students and parents, they can post test scores and assignments, and likewise, students are able to access all readings, videos, notes, assignments .... all within one online portal.
The statue at the north side of the courtyard is of St. John Baptist de LaSalle. Just behind the statue is our beloved Chapel and the Brothers' Residence. Masses and other services are held in the Chapel. Currently, we have 6 brothers in our community, including our President, Brother David. Just outside the Brothers' Residence is the Memorial Garden, which is a peaceful place dedicated to the memory of Brothers Boys' who went to heaven during the time that they were students at CBHS.