All 9th grade applicants are required to take the PreACT as the placement test for admission.
- Middle schools that administer the PreACT in the 8th grade will share those scores with us for their students who apply to CBHS. Therefore, those students who will be taking the PreACT at their middle school will not take it at CBHS.
- Applicants who will not take the PreACT at their middle school must register for and take the test here at CBHS. The registration fee for the test is $20. (Registration for the test will be available September 6.)
The primary date for the placement test at CBHS is Saturday, December 7, 2019. Those who miss the December 2nd admissions application and test registration deadline will be scheduled for a make up test date on January 11, 2020. Please note that to qualify for a merit-based scholarship, an applicant must test at CBHS on the primary test date of December 7 or must have taken the PreACT at his middle school in December.
The PreACT is structured like the ACT and includes sections covering English, Math, Reading, and Science. Students will also be given a writing prompt and asked to write a short essay.
Please be sure to do your very best on this examination. The results will not only be used as a part of our applicant evaluation but will also significantly influence course placement at CBHS.
A few details about test day:
As stated in the application, parents must submit all psychoeducational documentation to the Admissions Office prior to December 2 if the applicant would like to receive testing accommodations, e.g. extended time.
- Students are asked to report to the testing area for room assignment no later than 7:45 a.m.
- The test will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and will end at approximately 11:00 a.m.
- Please have your son bring two soft lead (No. 2) pencils. Calculators are not allowed.
- Students should get plenty of rest and eat a good breakfast. They may dress in casual attire.