- Latest News
Christian Brothers High School is honored to announce that its new basketball gym, currently in its final phase of construction, has been named the McNeill Family Fieldhouse in recognition of the longtime support of alumnus Phil McNeill, Sr. ’56 and his family.
The McNeill Family Fieldhouse will serve as a focal point for the school’s campus at 5900 Walnut Grove Road as the future home for community events and the CBHS basketball program.
“We are humbled by the McNeill family’s kindness over the years,” said Brother David Poos, CBHS president. “As we look toward our future, continuing to serve and educate young men across the Mid-South, we would be remiss not to thank the McNeills and others in our tight-knit community whose generosity make it possible to grow with the times while furthering our mission.”
The McNeill Family Fieldhouse’s opening later this year marks the completion of the school’s “Momentum for Our Future” campaign. This final phase, at a cost of $10 million, is the capstone project of an effort to transform the campus for its present-day and future needs. Other projects included:
- Construction of McEniry Hall for the STEMM program
- Renovation of Heffernan Hall for Dining Services
- Renovation of the Christian Brothers’ on-campus residence
- Creation of the Brother Joel McGraw Endowment, supporting continuing education and professional development for faculty and staff
- Construction of the Brothers Development Center for athletics and wellness programs
- Construction of the Marr School of Business
- Renovation of Stephen Hall for the school’s administration and advancement offices
- Construction of McCourtney Hall for counseling and student support services
“It is truly remarkable the impression the Christian Brothers have made on the lives of those who have attended CBHS, worked here, or have sent their boys here,” said John Goode '07, CBHS director of advancement. “We choose to give back to CBHS so that we can help build upon their legacy for generations to come.”
For information about the McNeill Family Fieldhouse and the Momentum for Our Future capital campaign, contact John Goode at firstname.lastname@example.org.