Brothers Development Center (BDC)
The new multi-purpose athletic facility, the Brothers Development Center (BDC) opened in the fall of 2016. The $10 million complex is part of a series of major campus renovations that reflect the school’s commitment to the renewal of the 53-year-old campus at 5900 Walnut Grove Road.
The Brothers Development Center will accommodate more than 600 students who are currently participating in some form of organized sports. The 50,000 square foot facility hosts a variety of college athletics quality amenities such as two state-of-the-art training and weight rooms, a sports medicine and therapy area designed with input from Dr. Fred Azar, Chief of Staff at Campbell Clinic, a film and reception area with panoramic views of the schools’ athletic campus, a multi-function wrestling arena to accommodate one of the largest and most successful programs in the South, as well as expanded locker rooms for the two largest sports on campus, football and lacrosse.
The Pender Library houses more than 25,000 volumes and hosts a comprehensive collection of online databases. The library is open throughout the school day to support the literary and research needs of students and faculty. The Pender Library is named in honor of the late Eugene Pender, CBHS Class of 1942.
Theater and Auditorium
The 400-seat theater is home to the CBHS Theatre program and is also the venue for meetings, concerts, and special events throughout the school year. The theater/auditorium was recently renovated with all new seating and state-of-the-art multimedia projection and sound systems.