Providing a transformative educational experience to young men in Memphis and the Mid-South since 1871.
The mission of Christian Brothers High School is to provide young men a college-preparatory education in the Catholic and Lasallian traditions. Thus, we welcome, encourage, and support religious, ethnic, and economic diversity; and we acknowledge the importance of service to the poor as we prepare students to become responsible adults in the global community.
Christian Brothers High School in Memphis, Tennessee is an Independent, Catholic college-preparatory high school for boys in ninth through twelfth grade, in the tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers.
At CBHS, our tagline "Men For Tomorrow. Brothers For Life." is much more than just a tagline, it's a lived experience.Brother David Poos, FSC President
Discover all the Brotherhood has to offer!
From rigorous academics and competitive athletics, to student leadership and extracurriculars, to community service and spiritual growth, opportunities abound here. Discover why the student experience at Christian Brothers High School is unlike any other.
CBHS At A Glance
of our graduates are accepted into institutions of higher learning
Brothers’ Boys with Perfect ACT scores in the past 3 years
different sports programs offered
Clubs & Organizations
different zip codes represented by our student body
Join the Brotherhood
Sign up for a tour, join a Discovery Day, or maybe hear from some Brothers' Boys! Learn more here and discover what the Brotherhood could do for you!
Learn more about CBHS
- Catholic, in the tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers
- Independent college-prep school
- All boys, grades 9-12
- Founded in 1871
- Enrollment of approximately 830 boys
- A network of approximately 11,100 alumni residing in all 50 states
- Boys come from 55 zip codes and 115 schools, with 21 students from homeschool settings
- 12:1 student/faculty ratio
- Average class size is 21
- 33.4 ACT average for the top 10% of the Class of 2018
- In the last four years, Brothers’ Boys have enrolled into institutions such as the United States Naval Academy, the United States Air Force Academy, the United States Military Academy, Duke University, the University of Notre Dame, Princeton University, New York University, Stanford University, Vanderbilt University, Washington University in St. Louis, the University of Southern California, Southern Methodist University, Texas Christian University, Tulane University, Washington and Lee University, Rhodes College, and Sewanee.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Member of the National Catholic Education Association, the Lasallian Education Association of the Christian Brothers, the Tennessee Association of Independent Schools, and The College Board
For more information or questions, please contact us:
Main Telephone: 901.261.4900
5900 Walnut Grove Road
Memphis, TN 38120
Our staff offices are open 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. while school is in session and 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. during the summer.
The offices listed below can be called directly:
BUSINESS OFFICE: 901.261.4903
STUDENT FORMATION: 901.261.4911